Friday, July 22, 2005

Excerpt from Interview On Regularization



K, re: another round of regularization:


It’s what everybody wants now. It’s what we all want. Every immigrant, even in Germany, France, America – we want every immigrant to get paper. Because – the importance of paper what it changes your job rights, it also means ability of movement, and even helps the government, because every month I pay the government. Anyway I believe this because when, I get paper, I have to find a job, and when I’m working, I pay taxes, and I can buy a car, I pay taxes to the government, I buy a house, I pay taxes, it’s an interest to the government there are many many many many many interests to the government- things that benefit me, too, as I develop myself. But if I don’t have a paper – no no no. If I don’t have a paper, if I can’t find a job, it is a very bad situation. Secondly, the government gets nothing for me. The small savings I have, they will get nothing from me. I will send it all to my country. But if I have the paper, I want to give something to this country. 09.07.2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home