Saturday, May 28, 2005

3 days in Madrid

It begins...

I live with a couple from Bolivia in the neighborhood of Puerta del Àngel. From my window I can look down on buildings with laundry dangling, dusty playgrounds between buildings, then across the river, the new Cathedral .

I met a lawyer who works -- coincidentally -- with Bolivianos, and I spent today doing exploratory interviews at the office where he works, to help me finalize my survey. The survey went from five to 14 questions. Then I spoke with Dr. Joaquìn Arango and a few other professors, and they helped me visualize how to make this happen. I already have two willing particpants; I´m shooting for 120; we´ll see how that goes.

Interesting questions from today´s conversations with Bolivianos: does it help Spain´s economy that more people are setting up phones, buying cars and taking on-line internet courses? Beyond the obvious consumption, what long term benefits? I have an intuitive sense but need to set this music to academese...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home